|Washington State Chapter|
GLSEN WA Awards Nomination Form 2013
GLSEN Washington State Awards Nomination form
Due: April 25, 2013
Jan 01, 2013
FILL OUT Nomination HERE
Hey everyone...it is that time again. Acknowledge the hard work your friend did putting that dance together! Give out kudos to your GSA advisor! Let it be known that your favorite teacher is the creme of the crop! Give thanks to that community group or organization that helped you out this year!
Fill out and send us your nominations for the 8th Annual GLSEN Washington State Awards and Auction, to be held at , June 2nd.
We are looking for nominees in the following categories:
-Community Organization of the Year
-Community Leader of the Year
-GSA Student Leader of the Year
-GSA Advisor of the Year
-Inspirational GSA Club of the Year
-Educational Excellence Award
and last but not least... -The Rob Goldsworthy Outstanding Educator of the Year
* Community Involvement Organization Award.[/ b] This award goes to an organization that has gone above and beyond to help out in their community. Many of these groups sponsor events, have tables at workshops, or even come into classrooms to do presentations. These groups are sometimes understaffed, volunteers, and overworked, yet they keep contributing because they believe in their cause.
* Community Leader of the Year Award. This award goes to an individual who truly exemplifies the true spirit of tolerance. This person shows that service to community is not just being out there, but trying to make a difference in what they do. These individuals take time out of their busy schedules to help young people.
* GSA Stduent Leader of the Year Award. The recipient of the GSA Leader of the Year Award has shown true heart and dedication to their chapter putting in a lot of time and effort to achieve their goal. This person has a lot of support from their peers and people around them. This person possesses leadership abilities and motivates people around them. This person is not only a role model, but someone that inspires people to stand up for what they believe.
* Advisor of the Year Award. This award goes to an advisor who takes a lot of their own time to help plan and coordinate GSA meetings in their school. Not only do they advise these groups, but they also take time to advocate on their behalf.
* Inspirational GSA Club of the Year Award. This award goes to a group of courageous youth who had contributed a lot to their school and community. They support members in their GSA, organize different events throughout the year (such as Day of Silence or No Name Calling Week) and help build tolerance and acceptance in their schools. These GSAs may have dealt with discrimination, homophobia, harassment, and bullying, yet they have overcome all of this because they believe that it is important to have a support system in their school.
* Rob Goldsworthy Outstanding Educator of the Year Award. This award is named after Rob Goldsworthy, a teacher at Bainbridge Island High School and Board member of GLSEN Puget Sound, who passed away from complications due to AIDS. During Goldsworthy's 12 year career at BHS, he taught English, coached tennis and debate, and was advisor to the high school's Gay Straight Alliance and the United Brothers and Sisters Club.
An outstanding educator of the year follows Goldsworthy's examples by bringing enthusiasm and creativity to their classroom; manifesting the ability to connect to a diverse range of students; and possessing the knowledge to making learning fun. This award goes to someone who goes above and beyond their regular duties to advocate on behalf of their students. They often advise multiple clubs, are involved actively in their community, and/or hold many positions in different organizations. These people not only teach young people, but support the success and growth of youth.
You are not limited to turning in one nomination! If you know more than one individual that deserves to be recognized with any of these fine, awards, do not hesitate and send us nominations for each one! We won't stop you.
Nomination forms are due in our office by April 25, 2013.
FILL OUT Nomination HERE right now!
1605 12th Avenue
Seattle, Washington 98122
P: (206) 330-2099; F: (206) 329-1185;